Great companies start with great people. We have full-time and part-time employees working in our creative Carlsbad, California corporate office, at our office in Kansas City, Kansas, at our flagship fitness centers in Oceanside and La Costa, California, our newest fitness center in Abilene,TX (opened in August 2012), as well as remotely throughout the US! Each location combines to create an upbeat, unique culture that has kept our organization running smoothly for over 40 years.
As a pioneer and the most inspirational company in the dance fitness industry, we believe in the overall health and happiness of each employee and their families. Therefore, we offer a generous compensation and benefit package. Focusing on growth, we provide training and development opportunities for our employees to learn new skills, reach their full potential, and get the most out of their fitness jobs.
Jazzercise is an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity and celebrating strengths.
The Video Editor/Videographer shoots and edits Jazzercise video and multimedia projects. This position is responsible for graphical elements associated with any video or multimedia project and for finalizing the completed projects onto the appropriate mediums. This position also provides creative input throughout the production and post-production process.
• Edits and shoots promotional, commercial and training material
• Provides creative input and assists departments and outside clients in the completion of their projects
• Manages lighting and audio set-up for video shoots
• Manages post-production elements and materials for storage and archiving
• Maintains editing and camera equipment
• Bachelor’s Degree in Film and/or Video Production
• 3+ years of experience required
• Advanced knowledge of non-linear video editing techniques using Final Cut Pro 7
• Advanced knowledge of video compression and DVD authoring techniques using DVD Studio Pro
• Advanced knowledge of video file compression (Flash, YouTube, WMV, BrightCove)
• Strong knowledge of graphic design and compositing techniques (Photoshop/After Effects)
• Advanced knowledge of HD camera setup and operation
• Strong knowledge of lighting techniques
• Strong organizational skills for archiving of all project materials
• Basic understanding of video engineering
• Strong understanding of PC and Mac computer operation and troubleshooting
• Detailed oriented and organized
• Able to meet project deadlines
• Positive and responsive
• Able to communicate clearly and effectively
JM Digital Works
• Long periods of time may be spent in a dark room without windows (Edit Bay)
• Long periods of time may be spent in front of television or computer monitor
• Noise level in the work environment can be extremely loud at times
• Must be able to lift/carry heavy equipment (camera, tripod, etc.)
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time editing
• Must be able to manipulate a keyboard for long periods of time
• May be required to spend long periods of time standing
• May be needed to work long days to complete projects
Standard business hours:
8am – 5pm
To apply: submit your demo reel, resume and cover letter
It is the policy of Jazzercise, Inc. to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal law.